Home     About Me     My Hubby     30 by 30

About Me

My photo
I am a Christ-follower; wife to Chris; and mother to two beautiful daughters, Lilliana and Emmalyn.
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, January 3, 2011

One word....

Elora recently announced that she and her husband are adopting. As part of that announcement she talked about their one word for the year.

I really like the idea of this, and have actually had one word that has been coming to me again and again. Sometimes in the most unexpected of places.

After a difficult 2010 that included job loss that has temporarily put our adoption on hold, my word for 2011 is: HOPE.

Psalm 130:5 I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in his word I hope.

Romans 12:12 Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.

HOPEfully we will have good news this week about getting back on the waitlist. All paperwork has been turned into Gladney, we are just waiting on final approval.

1 comment:

Elora said...

I LOVE your word. A couple years ago, students in the Invisible Children club I sponsor came up with a t-shirt design that said "hope is not a myth" the words were enclosed within a heart. I've thought about that phrase a lot within the past few months - now whenever I think about it, it will remind me of you guys and I'll get to pray for this hope you're clinging to during the waiting process. :)